Cari Cohen is a Spiritual Healer and Teacher. Since 2001, she’s helped thousands all over the world with life-changing transformations.
Her own healing journey began after a car accident in 2001. Reiki was the only thing that worked when pharmaceuticals and other western approaches hadn’t. She immediately received Level I Reiki attunement and began offering healing assistance to others.
Cari has since completed many years of intense study with master healers and teachers all over the world. She has degrees in Psychology and German from the University of Pennsylvania. She’s been a nationally-certified and state-licensed Massage Therapist since 2005. Cari’s currently working on an Ayurvedic Astrology certification (300 hours) from the American Institute of Vedic Studies with Dr. David Frawley. She holds the following certifications:
- Radiant Body Yoga Advanced Teacher Training (500 hours), rooted in the ancient traditions of Kundalini and combined with the technical precision of Iyengar and Ashtanga, with Kia Miller, Honesdale, PA; Pacific Palisades, CA; Monterey, CA; Rishikesh, India
- Altar of Creation (600+hours), Physical and Spiritual Healing of Trauma based on embryology, sacred geometry, mysticism and ancient Native American traditions with Steven Weiss, DO, Santa Fe, NM & NYC
- Massage & Medical Massage (1000 hours), New Mexico Academy of Healing Arts, Santa Fe, NM
- Polarity Therapy (500 hours), with a focus on Ayurveda, New Mexico Academy of Healing Arts, Santa Fe, NM
- Esalen Massage (100 hours), Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA
- JourneyDance™ Teacher Training (80 hours), processing emotions through dance, with Toni Bergins, Chacala, Nayarit, Mexico
Right out of massage school and prior to moving to West Virginia, she was invited to become Spa Director and Lead Therapist at an unusual resort spa with it’s own authentic Japanese tea house, daily tea ceremonies, and koi pond in Santa Fe. Long before energy or alternative healing could be found in resort or day spas, even in Santa Fe, she decided to be the “leading edge,” assembling an amazing team of gifted doctors and healers. The spa began offering naturopathy, acupuncture, tarot, lymphatic release, cranial sacral therapy, energy healing, tuning fork therapy, polarity therapy, movement therapy, and healing with a Native Medicine Woman trained in Oaxaca in addition to fabulous massages, Thai massages, facials and body treatments. She was the first in Santa Fe to break out of the spa box and the spa thrived under her direction as a result.
In addition to doing healing work and directing spa, Cari has worked as a German Translator in Lenox, MA and in social services for children for various organizations in the US. She spent several years as an English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher in Toyama and Fukuyama, Japan and as a Rotary Exchange Student in St. Gallen, Switzerland. While living abroad, she taught herself German and Japanese. Cari’s also done massage, read tarot, and taught Zumba for several years at The Greenbrier. She’s been teaching and professionally performing Fire Dancing since 2007.