Cari Cohen is a Spiritual Healer and Teacher. Since 2001, she’s been helping clients all over the world with life-changing transformations. Her unique skill is in identifying and resetting old conditioned energy patterns. She accomplishes this through distance healing, guided meditation, yoga and dance.
Her own healing journey began after a car accident in 2001. Reiki was the only thing that worked when pharmaceuticals and other western approaches hadn’t. She immediately received Level I Reiki attunement and began offering healing assistance to others.
Cari has since completed many years of intense study with master healers and teachers all over the world. Her formal education includes:
- Psychology BA & German BA, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Physical and Spiritual Healing of Trauma (600+hours), based on embryology, sacred geometry, mysticism and ancient Native American traditions with Steven Weiss, DO, Altar of Creation (AOC), Santa Fe, NM & NY
- Polarity Therapy with Ayurveda (500 hours), New Mexico Academy of Healing Arts, Santa Fe, NM
- Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (500 hours), rooted in the ancient traditions of Kundalini and combined with the technical precision of Iyengar and Ashtanga, with Kia Miller, Radiant Body Yoga, Honesdale, PA; Pacific Palisades, CA; Monterey, CA; Rishikesh, India
- Ayurvedic Astrology (300 hours), with Dr. David Frawley, American Institute of Vedic Studies
- Ayurvedic Healing (300 hours), with Dr. David Frawley, American Institute of Vedic Studies (in process)
- Massage & Medical Massage (1000 hours), New Mexico Academy of Healing Arts, Santa Fe, NM
- Esalen Massage (100 hours), Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA
- JourneyDance™ Teacher Training (80 hours), processing emotions through dance, with Toni Bergins, Chacala, Mexico
In 2011, she received guidance to stop practicing what she’d learned and trust in the Spiritual Guidance she was receiving directly from her own Spiritual Team. They said the work would be quicker and more powerful and she could use it to help others remotely. Shortly after that, they also suggested she identify herself as a Spiritual Healer because she wasn’t limiting her work to any one modality that could be formally taught and recognized but instead was working mostly from Higher Guidance.
Prior to dedicating herself full-time to healing work, Cari was a Spa Director and Lead Therapist at a resort in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Cari has also worked as a German Translator and in social services for children. She spent several years as an English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher in Japan and as a Rotary Exchange Student in Switzerland. While living abroad, she taught herself German and Japanese. Cari’s also done massage, read tarot, and taught Zumba for several years at The Greenbrier. She’s been teaching and professionally performing Fire Dancing since 2007.
Cari continues to work with children, adults, couples, families and groups all over the world via phone. She also sees clients and teaches yoga and meditation at The Greenbrier and Greenbrier Sporting Club and travels to lead dynamic workshops, events and retreats.