Cari Cohen is a Spiritual Healer and Teacher. Since 2001, she’s been helping clients all over the world with life-changing transformations. Her unique skill is in restructuring conditioned energy patterns and clearing obstacles to Inner Wisdom and Healing. She accomplishes this through distance healing, guided meditation, pranayama (breathing techniques), mantra (chanting), yoga, massage and dance.
Her own healing journey began after a car accident in 2001. Reiki was the only thing that worked when pharmaceuticals and other western approaches hadn’t. She immediately received Level I Reiki attunement and began offering healing assistance to others.
Cari has since completed many years of intense study with master healers and teachers all over the world. Her formal education includes:
- Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (500 hours), Radiant Body Yoga with Kia Miller, Honesdale, PA; Pacific Palisades, CA; Monterey, CA; Rishikesh, India
- Ayurvedic Astrology (300 hours), American Institute of Vedic Studies, with Dr. David Frawley
- Ayurvedic Healing (300 hours- in process), American Institute of Vedic Studies, with Dr. David Frawley
- Esalen Massage (100 hours), Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA
- JourneyDance™ Teacher Training (80 hours), with Toni Bergins, Chacala, Mexico
- Physical and Spiritual Healing of Trauma (600+hours), Altar of Creation (AOC), with Steven Weiss, DO, Santa Fe, NM; NYC
- Polarity Therapy with Ayurveda (500 hours), New Mexico Academy of Healing Arts, Santa Fe, NM
- Psychology & German (BA), University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Swedish & Medical Massage (1000 hours), New Mexico Academy of Healing Arts, Santa Fe, NM
In 2011, she received instruction to stop practicing what she’d learned and trust in direct Spiritual Guidance from her own Spiritual Team. They said the work would be quicker and more powerful and she could use it to help others remotely. They also suggested she identify herself as a Spiritual Healer because she wasn’t limiting her work to any one modality that could be formally taught and recognized but instead was working mostly from Higher Guidance.
Prior to dedicating herself full-time to working as a healer, Cari was a Spa Director and Lead Therapist at a resort in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Cari has also worked as a German Translator and in social services for children. She spent several years as an English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher in Japan and as a Rotary Exchange Student in Switzerland. While living abroad, she taught herself German and Japanese. Cari’s also done massage, read tarot, and taught Zumba at The Greenbrier. She’s been teaching and professionally performing Fire Dancing since 2007.
Cari works with children, adults, couples, families and groups all over the world via phone. She sees clients and teaches yoga and meditation at The Greenbrier and Greenbrier Sporting Club. Cari also travels to lead transformational workshops, events and retreats.